The long-awaited Expo 2020 Dubai will arrive in the UAE’s most fascinating playground in October. As the first exposition in the Middle East, Dubai’s unique futuristic skyscrapers, skyscrapers and Michelin-starred restaurants will enjoy their own glorious moments on the international stage.
Checked in to Heather Howard Luxury escape Tell us more about what to expect from the exposition and where to eat, drink and stay while in Dubai.
Expo2020 What to expect in Dubai
- “Connecting the Mind and Creating the Future” is the theme of Expo 2020 Dubai, providing a platform to showcase collaboration and innovation to 192 countries.
- Approximately 25 million people will participate in the Expo, which will be held from October 20, 2020 to April 10, 2021. This is a 173 day non-stop action.
- food! Enjoy international cuisine at over 200 restaurants and enjoy dishes prepared by world-renowned chefs.
- A world in one place. Get a glimpse into the future at the 192 Country Pavilion and be amazed by its iconic design. The United Arab Emirates pavilion is designed in the form of an in-flight falcon.
- 60 daily live shows featuring music stars, comedy greats, dance acts and more. There is also a workshop to make your own robots for young visitors.
Place to eat and drink
Besides Expo’s 200 restaurants, Dubai has many top restaurants. Our choices are:
- Almahara: Head to the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and enjoy great seafood dishes in an intimate atmosphere. The underwater feel is created by a huge wall-to-ceiling aquarium.
- atmosphere: Climb to 122nd Burj Khalifa floor for high tea at the top of the tallest building. This experience is a timeless classic.
- Hell’s Kitchen Dubai: At Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai, enjoy a stunning theater with specialty British cuisine, courtesy of renowned chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Discover a variety of dining possibilities at Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional souq-like style with waterways. Great for a night walk.
- COYA Dubai: Come and enjoy exquisite Peruvian cuisine at this prestigious restaurant in the heart of Dubai for a special cocktail.
Where to stay:
Dubai is not in short supply Luxury hotel Choose from, but here are some of the ones we recommend:
- Jumeirah Burj Al Arab: Burj Al Arab in the shape of a sail, marvel at its iconic grandeur. Recognized as “the most luxurious hotel in the world,” this 5-star hotel features two-storey suites and stunning views.
- Caesars Palace Blue Waters: The first Caesars Palace on the outskirts of Las Vegas, this resort brings Las Vegas-style charm to the Dubai coast and provides easy access to the Expo 2020 site.
- Atlantis, The Palm: Surrounded by Dubai’s famous artificial islands, Atlantis is a super-luxury resort with 23 restaurants and bars, a luxurious spa and even a water park.
- Grand Hyatt Dubai: The five-star Grand Hyatt towering over Dubai Creek provides easy access to traditional gold and spice souks lined by the water.
- Jumeirah Zabeel Sarai: Also located in The Palm, this luxurious hotel offers world-class facilities and Ottoman elegance.